12 March 2015

Moving On

In the short span of my life so far, one of the most important consistent experiences has been the struggle over constantly evolving aspirations and practical dispositions toward my present circumstances.  It's by admiring the good that I find hope, which drives me forward into each new pursuit and enables me to work through whatever difficulties occur.  But the admired good and the aspects under which the good is hoped for change as I change.  Sometimes these transformations leave me feeling barren and futile in the context of the day.  Sometimes they create feelings of failure.  The love of the good is the propeller which drives us across the river of sorrows which make up the present life.  May God give me eyes to see the good, and a pure heart to love it, and the hope to continue onward toward the goal.